Croatian Center of Renewable Energy Sources
European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference
28 February - 1 March 2013
A-4600 Wels, Upper Austria/Austria
185 Euro, includes also the Energy Efficiency Watch Conference and the LED Conference
The fee also includes an entrance ticket to the tradeshow and conference documentation. All fees plus 10 % VAT
English, German, Russian, Spanish
Organisation and conference office:
Landstrasse 45, 4020 Linz, Austria
The European conference to discuss how to achieve “near zero energy buildings" (NZEB) in new construction & renovation: technologies, policies, financial instruments, definitions & national action plans, best practice examples, cost optimality of energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings.
The coming years will see a sharp increase in the market uptake of highly efficient buildings throughout Europe: by 2018, new public buildings must be "nearly zero energy buildings", by 2020, this will apply to all new buildings. According to the European Buildings Directive, a "nearly zero energy building" is a building that has a very high energy performance and the very low amount of energy required is covered to a very significant extent by renewable energy sources. Member States draw up National Plans for increasing the number of nearly zero energy buildings, covering both in new construction and renovation.
The Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference will offer:
- presentations of criteria for "nearly zero energy buildings" (NZEB) and how this standard can be achieved
- the latest technology trends and financing solutions
- the meeting place for the global sustainable buildings community
- an outlook on the developments on European and global markets for sustainable buildings, including "National Plans for NZEB"
- inspirational case studies and site-visits
- exchange of experience among experts and new business opportunities
- WSED next - an event for young researchers on energy efficiency in buildings
major trade show, the “Energiesparmesse“, dedicated to energy
efficiency and renewable energy in buildings, with 1,600 exhibitors
Please also see the related conferences:
Upper Austria is an ideal location for such a conference: due to consistent policies, today there are more than 1,000 buildings meeting passive building standard and several thousand near zero energy buildings.
Topics for the "Call for Papers & Projects & Speakers"
- innovative and integrated solutions for energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in buildings
- best-practice examples for domestic, public, commercial buildings & social housing from around the globe
- definitions, standardisation, performance requirements
- financial instruments
- user acceptance
- innovative products and services for energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings
- policies & programmes for NZEB (individual buildings, building quarters)
- National Action Plans for NZEBs, regional and local strategies
- market reports from local, regional, national markets
- sustainability & durability & affordability
- training & skills
- partnerships & supply chains & business models
- marketing and dissemination for NZEBs
- results of EU funded projects (IEE, FP6+7, etc.)
> Further information on the Call