Friday, April 14, 2023

Start following your dreams NOW



If you catch yourself daydreaming during the workday, you’re not alone. We all think about following our dreams sometimes. But how do you know if you should actually go for it? 

Now, that’s not a question for everyone because not everyone has a dream. You’ll regret it later. When you’re older, you may ruminate on what could have been. By then, changing courses will be more complicated. You’ll be struggling to make up for the lost time. It isn’t impossible, though, and it’s never too late to follow your dreams. That’s not intended to be a slight or a negative statement, but it is a reality that I learned the hard way. 

What does it feel like to see a dream come true?


It’s no secret that one of my dreams is seeing a country transformed by permaculture. Over the last few years, the vision of transformation has motivated everything I do.


When we first started casting the vision of transformation, I didn’t think it was something I’d see in my lifetime. I believed it so much I told people that on the front end so they would understand that I had big dreams, but I wasn’t completely crazy. You can inspire others. Eventually, young people and even your friends will ask how you made it to where you are. You can encourage them to pursue their own dreams, too.

Over time, as more and more people have joined me in my dream, I’ve come to realize that not only is transformation possible, but I believe I’ll see it before I die. I’ve gone from having a dream to have a belief, and that belief grows stronger every day. There’s no shortage of inspiration out there. Here are some of my favorite quotes about following your dreams.


“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” - Oprah Winfrey

“Don’t dream your life, but live your dream.” - Mark Twain

“If you can dream it, you can make it so.” - Belva Davis

“A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” - Nelson Mandela

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“Each dream you leave behind is a part of your future that will no longer exist.” - Steve Jobs


Every person who sees a dream come true must first own that dream. They must see it clearly, and chase after it passionately with every strategy, skill, and talent they possess. Dreamers must call others to their dream and pay the price to move forward together with tenacity. 


But most of all, a dreamer must see and desire all the ways their dream will benefit others more than it benefits themselves. You need a lot of courage to build a happy life. We often focus on the reasons not to do something, so we must train ourselves to focus on the positive. Everyone in your life will have an opinion about your dreams. Some will offer valuable advice while others will try to stop you. Only one person’s opinion matters - yours. Keep this in mind as you start following your dreams.


If you need help finding the courage to follow your dreams, reach out for support. Having an objective outsider can help you set clear goals and stay accountable to yourself. Once you have a plan, there’s no telling what you can accomplish.

I’ve seen a lot of dreams come true in my life, but what I’m experiencing now is something different, something deeper, and it’s something I want so many others to experience too. I want everyone to know what it feels like to see a God-sized dream come true because it is amazing in a way I can’t even describe.

To quote my friend, Josip Babich, "I want more for you than I want from you. And I want bigger things for you now more than ever."

Let’s make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment